Staging Concepts recently had the opportunity to supply staging equipment to one of the newest additions to the Cotai Strip area in Macau; the Studio City Resort and Casino. The venue offers a Hollywood-themed studio experience, complete with an art-deco style casino, the world’s highest figure eight style Ferris wheel, and three live performance spaces. The largest of the three performance spaces is the Studio City Event Center, which is a 5,000 seat multi-purpose space designed to host theatrical events, sporting events, award ceremonies, and concerts. The Studio City Event Center needed a versatile and lasting stage that would perform well, no matter the event.
Staging Concepts was instructed to manufacture a flexible arena stage with some unique options. The large fully equipped stage includes the following features:
- The platforms on the stage have been fitted to provide a load rating of 175 psf, and include acoustical dampening to ensure minimal noise reverberation under the stage. The aluminum extruded platform frames were anodized black for a sleek finish from any angle.
- Using our SC9600 aluminum bridging under-structure, the stage will be able to adjust in height from 36”-54”. Retractable casters will allow the stage to be rolled into place for fast turnaround between events and bridging capabilities will allow for a quick setup and strike.
- An 8’ wide equipment ramp was designed for loading and unloading the stage. The ramp is capable of adjusting in length and height to accommodate the adjustable height stage.
- Lightweight aluminum crowd control barricades will ensure safety during crowded events. The 4’ barricade sections lock together when in use and fold up for efficient storage.
- Carts were custom designed to transport and store all of the equipment when not in use.