Staging Concepts recently had the opportunity to supply staging equipment to one of the newest additions to the Cotai Strip area in Macau; the Studio City Resort and Casino. The venue offers a Hollywood-themed studio experience, complete with an art-deco style casino, the world’s highest figure 8 style Ferris wheel, and three live performance spaces. The largest of the three performance spaces is the Studio City Event Center, which is a 5,000 seat multi-purpose space designed to host theatrical events, sporting events, award ceremonies, and concerts. The Studio City Event Center needed a versatile and lasting stage that would perform well, no matter the event.
Staging Concepts was instructed to manufacture a flexible arena stage with some unique options. The large fully equipped stage includes the following features:
- The platforms on the stage have been fitted to provide a load rating of 175 psf, and include acoustical dampening to ensure minimal noise reverberation under the stage. The aluminum extruded platform frames were anodized black for a sleek finish from any angle.
- Using our SC9600 aluminum bridging under-structure, the stage will be able to adjust in height from 36”-54”. Retractable casters will allow the stage to be rolled into place for fast turnaround between events and bridging capabilities will allow for a quick setup and strike.
- An 8’ wide equipment ramp was designed for loading and unloading the stage. The ramp is capable of adjusting in length and height to accommodate the adjustable height stage.
- Lightweight aluminum crowd control barricades will ensure safety during crowded events. The 4’ barricade sections lock together when in use and fold up for efficient storage.
- Carts were custom designed to transport and store all of the equipment when not in use.